Harbottle School Vision:
We hope that all who come into contact with our school will flourish and feel loved.
All will learn the Good News that Jesus proclaimed and have a desire to relate positively to others, the world, God and themselves.
Our innovative curriculum will equip children to make informed decisions throughout their lives.
Harbottle’s Mission Statement:
Christian values permeate the ethos, teaching and worship of Harbottle School, which welcomes all children and aims to develop their full potential through a broad, challenging and exciting curriculum. The school promotes attitudes of mutual respect and responsibility in a caring environment and places a high value on strong links between school, home and the local community, including the church.
Aims of the School
- To give each child the self-confidence to fulfil his/her potential within a stimulating and caring environment.
- We seek to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, which is relevant to the needs and abilities of each individual child, building on strengths and addressing weaknesses.
- To help each child to become a responsible citizen, prepared for the opportunities and experiences of adult life through the Christian influence of the school and British values..
- To encourage parental involvement in order to emphasize the importance of home/school links.
- To use the talents and expertise of community members to enrich the school curriculum.
- To make available the facilities of the school for community use as far as is practicable.
- To help children to learn to value their community and to be able to make a valuable contribution to it.
- To teach children the basic skills of literacy, numeracy and information technology.
The Three River’s Learning Trust Vision
“To be amongst the very best Multi Academy Trusts in the country demonstrated by: outstanding teaching and leadership; school success; students who outperform; research based innovative practice; far reaching opportunities for students and employees; fulfilled staff; accomplished students and delighted parents; widespread recognition by others; a fully engaged community; a sustainable future; inclusion and equality for all; operational excellence and yet; striving for work-life balance.”
“To be an exciting, outward-looking learning community in which we show each individual that they matter and will be valued for their contribution to the world in which they live. We provide learning and enriching experiences to inspire, motivate, stretch and meet the needs of all learners. We encourage a lifelong love of learning to enable all to develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge to become confident communicators, resilient and responsible citizens, willing to accept responsibility and demonstrate qualities of leadership.”
We have thought long and hard about our strategic priorities to achieve our vision
- Raise achievement for all
- Ensure the highest quality of teaching and learning
- Provide the best possible curriculum and assessment procedures
- Prioritise leadership and fully develop partnerships and opportunities beyond the Learning Trust
- Ensure the sustainability of everything which we do
- Give students outstanding support, guidance and enrichment opportunities as a foundation for their journey into further learning and the world of work