SEND – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Harbottle CofE First School aims to provide an inclusive and nurturing
environment where all pupils will receive the highest quality education. We wish
all pupils to feel happy and safe and we are always available to support our
pupils and families.

Please see our SEND Information Report for a definition of SEND and details of
how we support SEND learners in school to be the best they can be.

What provision is in place by the Governors for dealing with any concerns or complaints from the parents of students with SEND concerning the provision made by the school?


What do I do if I have a concern? If you have a concern then contact your child’s class teacher in the first instance. If concerns persist, then contact the SENDCo Mrs Nikki Buckley-Feiven.

Please provide details of your concerns and who you have discussed these concerns with and what the outcomes were.


What do I do if I am still concerned that the issues have not been addressed appropriately? Please contact the Headteacher: Mrs Nikki Buckley-Feiven or

our AC SEND Representative -Mike Hodgson –

alternatively contact – Angela Davies the Three Rivers Learning Trust SEND Lead

What is the Local Offer?

The Local Offer was first introduced in The Green Paper [March 2011] as a local
offer of all services available to support disabled children and children with SEN
and their families.

A Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or
disabilities and their families’ information about what support services the local
authority think will be available in their local area. Every local authority is
responsible for writing a Local Offer and making sure it is available for everyone
to see.

The new law says that every local authority must talk with children and young
people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families to find out
what sort of support and services they need. There will be many different types
of services that children and young people may need, including support services
in school and specialist health services.

Further information regarding Northumberland County Council’s provision for
SEND can be found at:

Please click here for NCC SEND offer.
Our SENDcO is Nikki Buckley-Feiven.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you need any further information.
01669 650271.